GAP, being one of the community service providers has established various networks across sectors in order to maintain the continuity in the provision of quality services. Following are the flagship initiatives taken my GAP.
- Economic Development: GAP Economic Development Program has given men and women equal business opportunities and allows them to help themselves and their families, GAP encourages entrepreneurship and provides training for men and women in vocational skills, business management and Job placement.
- Sustainable Environment: Developing new and sustainable infrastructure represents a significant part of GAP overall efforts for us to live in a better world. GAP has partnered with communities to complete thousands of physical infrastructure projects, including building sustainable and safe drinking water systems with delay action dams, hand pumps, and tube wells, link roads, solid waste disposal, irrigation projects, and agricultural pest management.
- Social Mobilization: GAP work with rural men and women to release their potential abilities and skills so as to build their knowledge and enable them decide their own development priorities. We also help people to find the resources they need to meet their identified needs. The purpose is to break the cycle of poverty, both economic poverty and ‘poverty of opportunity’. When community members come together for a common purpose – which is ultimately village wide socio-economic development-they are in a stronger position to bring about sustainable improvements in the quality of life.
- Health: GAP carried out Health Strengthening programs to improve the condition of health facilities. This Program is being run with the objective of “betterment of health service delivery at grass root level”. GAP have made systematic rounds for accessibility and affordability of improved medical services at health facilities. Formed Health Management Committees (HMC) with the objective of extended institutional capacity building and training programs, Our Program is integrated with the Primary Health Care (PHC) system implemented by district health authorities.
- Education & Literacy: GAP strives to provide education for all through our Education and Literacy Program with special focus to out of school children, GAP has capacity of enrolments of thousands of children per year.
- Relief and rehabilitation: GAP is providing relief and rehabilitation assistance in emergencies and Climate Change.